[rfk-dev] code status

Benjamin Molitor b.molitor at gmx.net
Fri Oct 14 04:37:26 CDT 2005

Alexey Toptygin wrote:
> OK. I'd like to wait for some more feedback on this. The way this was
> done originally (with the hand-tweaked messages.h file) is rather bad
> IMO, but this can be fixed with a propper make+sed recipie.
>
> The only other thing I have against it is that it bloats the binary, and
> makes it impossible to change/remove one of the hardcoded NKIs without a
> recompile, but I guess that's not such a big deal.

Well, that this is the more elegant version is out of the question - the
only thing I like about it is the ability to easily grab a current
version version of messages.h and slap it into another implementation of
rfk. Apart from that, I'm all for ditching the messages.h approach.
Would it be possible to maintain the NKI in messages.h and generate the
files from that during the make process? Because maintaining two sets of
NKI would probably not be the most elegat thing to do, eiter.

Benjamin