[rfk-dev] voting procedure for code selection

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Thu Oct 13 10:10:55 CDT 2005

On Wednesday 12 October 2005 09:32 pm, Peter A. H. Peterson wrote:
> Ok -- to be fair, I don't know anything about the inner workings of
> Debian or who is the official maintainer -- but I thought that a few
> months ago you mentioned that you didn't want to do it anymore and
> Alexey said that he was a maintainer and volunteered to take it or
> something like that.

The sad thing is, I don't know what's going on either.  AFAIK, Alexey was
still going through the new-maintainer process, and was going to let me know
when he was able to take over the package.  I'm pretty sure I have to send
some sort of special email to officially hand over the package, and I don't
remember doing that.  But I'm so unbelievably out of the loop WRT Debian that
for all I know he's uploaded 3 new versions by now.

Alexey?  Are you listening?  Do you know what's going on?

Barring any reply from Alexey, I guess we'll have to assume that I'm still the
maintainer, which means that if we decide to go with the new source code
(which I'm all for, BTW, although I haven't looked at it at all--I just like
the idea of someone taking an interest in the code) I'm going to be the one
figuring out the current technique for packaging it up :)

Neale