[rfk-dev] Find kitten on old computers lurking in your closet!

Gary Benson gary@inauspicious.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:56:22 +0100

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 05:30:57PM -0500, jeremypenner@shaw.ca wrote:

> > So then, jeremypenner@shaw.ca is all like:
> >
> > > The code should also compile for practically any old computer
> > that ran
> > > on a 6502, as a matter of fact, so an RFK-Apple II release
> might not
> > > be far away.
> >
> > Hmm, what do you think about the 6507?  Would the code and
> all the NKI
> > fit into 4K?
>
> Nope.  NKIs alone are 12kb, the code is right now at about 8kb.
> (But the code is probably rather fat; it's pretty much the same C,
> but using cc65's conio library.  I'm sure it could be trimmed down
> by rewriting everything in pure assembly.)

A while back I had a go at compressing the NKIs down but I never got
much smaller than 6k.  No RFK entry in the 1k game competition then :(

Later,
Gary

[ gary@inauspicious.org ][ GnuPG 85A8F78B ][ http://inauspicious.org/ ]