[rfk-dev] rfk-palm is great!

B Spitznagel i0lanthe@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:29:05 -0800 (PST)

--- "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@flynn.zork.net> wrote:
> WOW! rfk-palm rules!
>
> Ok. I'll get you set up, probably tomorrow, on sourceforge, in the
> developers group and with some place (i'll have to figure out the best
> way) for the rfk-palm stuff. And, we should find a way to merge the cvs
> somehow, at least so that we can share the nki list (if that's
> possible). It'd be great to have a make.i386 or make.palm for different
> platforms.

I just downloaded the v1600003.201b with bonus directory structure.
Ignore my crack-addled muttering about a separate package.

rfk-palm can use the existing messages.h (where it is, if I drop a -Imumble
into the makefile); the rest of its source could go in a 'palm'-or-whatever
directory, like the debian foo, or in 'src' but it may confuse people to have
two basically non-overlapping sets of src there.

> I ran rfk-palm, and found two things that I'm not sure if they are
> by design, or what, but I had trouble deleting the 2 and adding a 3 to
> the number of nki -- i had to delete both numbers before it would let me
> add (i just wanted to delete the 2 and put a 3 in it's place).

Not by design, perhaps I will put this in the bugs list

> Also, it seems like the popup window should disappear on any following
> keypress, so that you don't have to touch the screen to make the message
> dissappear.

By possibly stupid design, in case someone is holding down movement buttons
(I don't know of any nice way to flush input).  Currently the datebook and
memopad buttons will dismiss the popup and the other buttons won't.
Someone feel free to tell me which is the 'right' thing to do.

-Bridget