[rfk-dev] audio game concept

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Sat Sep 14 19:28:11 PDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 06:27:05PM -0700, David Griffith wrote:
> I was playing robotfindskitten today and started wondering about the
> concept of an "audio game" (as opposed to "video game").  My initial
> thoughts are of using sound to somehow indicate the player's
> position on a grid.  Does anyone here know anything about doing such
> a thing?

If you're asking how to implement such a game, I don't have any advice,
but if you're asking about previous efforts in the field, you might want
to look at the 2006 game "Soundvoyager" for the Nintendo Game Boy
Advance:

    http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Bit_Generations:_Soundvoyager

Although most of the mini-games in it have some visual element, it's
generally a kind of tutorial or helper feature rather than The Way
You're Supposed To Play.

Tim.