[rfk-dev] inserting older versions into the repo

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Mon Oct 29 15:03:23 PDT 2012

Peter A. H. Peterson <pedro at tastytronic.net>:
> I'm definitely fine with that, although I wonder if it would make more
> sense to host separate repositories for the individual "ports" since
> they are (generally speaking) re-implementations.
>
> That way, individual implementors could be given full control over
> their relevant repos. I think in particular if a large number of
> developers want their code trees hosted through robotfindskitten.org
> it could get unwieldy.

It's not a decision we have to make immediately...because it just so
happens that your devteam now includes the author of reposurgeon, which
can slice and dice git repositories with the greatest of ease.

When and if we decide to break the repo up into port-specific repos,
it can not only be done but the daughter repos will retain their history.