[rfk-dev] inserting older versions into the repo

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Mon Oct 29 12:25:34 PDT 2012

Quoting David Griffith:
> The version of robotfindskitten in Inform6 in the repo is Release 7.  I'd
> like to get releases 1 through 6 in the repo as well.  Eric tells me this
> is possible, but it would require a complete repository rebuild -- all
> checked-out copies would be invalidated.  He said that we could graft in
> the 1999 and 2001 releases at the same time.
>
> I don't think this would be too disruptive.  Let's do it.

I'm definitely fine with that, although I wonder if it would make more
sense to host separate repositories for the individual "ports" since
they are (generally speaking) re-implementations.

That way, individual implementors could be given full control over
their relevant repos. I think in particular if a large number of
developers want their code trees hosted through robotfindskitten.org
it could get unwieldy.

Thoughts?

pedro

--