[rfk-dev] I'll make a new vanilla NKI list

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Thu Nov 8 19:26:34 PST 2012

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Leonard Richardson wrote:

> My new list is attached. I've gotten up to a round 700 NKIs; new ones
> begin on line 616. I replaced a few NKIs with similar suggestions that
> were better (e.g. "You've found... Oh wait, that's just a cat." ->
> "It's a cat. Are you too late?"), but it's mostly brand new NKI from
> the community, slightly edited by me.
>
> This NKI list is approximately the size of the old master list (700
> vs. 730) and IMO will make for much more interesting games. I think
> this is good enough to put into git as the official list. (I'll sort
> it first, mixing the new NKI in with the old.) Let me know if you have
> comments or any last-minute NKIs.
>
> BTW, one NKI should not appear more than once in a given run of rfk.
> I'm okay with an exception for "Haven't you touched this before?" or
> any other NKIs that are similarly meta.

Corrections:

-3.14159... Pi is all over the place here...
+3.14159265359... Pi is all over the place here...
-A card sharp sits here, practicing his Faro shuffle.  He ignores you.
+A card sharp sits here practicing his Faro shuffle.  He ignores you.
-A discredited cosmology, relic of a bygone era.
+A discredited cosmology -- a relic of a bygone era.
-It's cute like a kitten, but isn't a kitten.
+It's cute like kitten, but isn't kitten.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu