[rfk-dev] I'll make a new vanilla NKI list

Steve Pomeroy steve at staticfree.info
Sun Nov 4 17:04:49 PST 2012

On 2012-11-01 08:49, Leonard Richardson wrote:
> If you like this idea, I'll work on this over the weekend. If you have
> any suggestions for new NKIs or NKIs to exclude, send them to the list
> and I'll handle them all at once.

+1 for this idea.

> I would like your opinion on approximately how many NKIs should be in
> the list. There are about 740 in the big vanilla list. There are about
> 200 that were added to the Inform version, but spot checks indicate
> most of those are also present in vanilla. Should we aim for more like
> 700, or more like 1000? Should we go big or prune it down?

Personally, as someone who occasionally likes playing the game, I'd vote
for more. More chance for surprise makes the game deeper.

On that note, one thing that I am unsure of in the intent of the game:
should there ever be an instance of two NKI on the field at the same
time which both have the same message?

> Two other comments on recent threads:
>
> 1. I think the "crushed the simulation" message should be a slight
> variant on one of Harry's suggestions:
>
> "You crushed the simulation. Robot never fulfilled its function."
>
> or
>
> "You crushed the simulation. Robot never found kitten."

How sad! I +1 this one.