[rfk-dev] Getting this train moving

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Thu Nov 1 06:28:55 PDT 2012

Quoting Eric S. Raymond:
> > I've always liked the quirk that robot and kitten are referred to without
> > an article.
>
> But when I spoke the two variants aloud to myself, I found that I like
> the metrical effect of the extra unstressed syllables.

> When I read the above line to my wife, her reaction was (and I quote):
>
> "Nooooooooooooo!"

Haha... it's funny, I definitely agree about the metrical effect. BUT
I must strenuously object to articles being attached to robot and
kitten as previously mentioned. (In fact, I liked the metrical effect
so much, I didn't even notice the unspeakable horror that was
creeping in!)

--
Peter A. H. Peterson
Graduate Student Researcher