[rfk-dev] Request For Comment: robotfindskitten standard

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Wed Jun 10 21:58:03 PDT 2009

Quoting Leonard Richardson:
> 1. It's fine to make sure kitten can be found--more generally, that no
> NKI is generated inaccessible. If I'd had the skills I would have put
> this in the original version.

I think then, the easiest (and least uptight) way to handle all these
issues is to say that how you place items (including kitten) is up to
you so long as it doesn't indicate in any way which item is kitten.

Similarly, the game should be robust to terminals that change shape or
size (or orientation) during runtime, but the behavior is unspecified.
Items and/or robot can move, or not, however the implementor sees fit.

I'll remove the more complicated rules covering these issues.

Peter

--
Peter A. H. Peterson, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---