[rfk-dev] Request For Comment: robotfindskitten standard

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Tue Jun 9 23:59:19 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

Attached is a draft for a proposed standard for robotfindskitten Zen
simulation environments. While I've attempted to make it fairly
comprehensive, it is still a draft and I'm interested in any comments.

In particular, I've tried to outline a strong standard for the
original 2D implementation (of which the POSIX is the reference
implementation), while leaving room for "alternate versions" such as
the OpenGL, MIT Scratch, and the Ratchet and Klank minigame. Versions
such as the Atari version attempt to emulate the reference
implementation, but are given some latitude due to system constraints.

Some things should be immutable, such as the no-caps, one-word
"robotfindskitten", "robot", and "kitten", the success message,
randomness of the simulation, etc. Whenever possible, I have used
words like MUST, but use of the word SHOULD, etc., usually identifies
places where reasonable exceptions may be made.

I will need to add a section about network-delivery of NKI, I suppose.

Again, I welcome comments until we feel it is solid enough to let it
stand on it's own. And then we submit it to the IETF.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter A. H. Peterson, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---