AW: Re: AW: [rfk-dev] two new ports!

Jeremy Penner jeremy at sporktania.com
Wed Jul 30 09:52:04 PDT 2008

The state of the Atari 2600 port is complete disarray; I haven't touched it
in years.

The biggest issue was that I never decided on a suitable representation for
the game board.  I was planning to do the whole thing using playfield
trickery, but I think if I was doing it over again, I'd switch the whole
thing to a text kernel and save myself the hassle of coming up with a
playfield drawing algorithm.

(The second biggest issue was that I never decided what to do about
bankswitching, which would have been necessary in order to stuff a
reasonable number of NKIs on the cart.)

Personally?  I'm waiting for the Xerox Alto port.

Jeremy