[rfk-dev] updates

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Fri Aug 26 14:00:07 CDT 2005

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Peter A. H. Peterson wrote:

> I untarred it and ran make... rfk runs but says:
>
> [flynn(~/files/code/rfk/rfk-20050826)] ./rfk
> More NKIs used then messages available
>
> ?

D'oh! I forgot to mention that NKIs are now read from files, so you need
to install them in the propper places, or rfk won't have any NKIs
available. NKI files are searched for in SYSTEM_NKI_DIR (#defined in
config.h, /usr/share/games/robotfindskitten by default) and in
~/.robotfindskitten/. The NKIs from robotfindskitten-v1.4142135.406 are in
nki/vanilla.nki in the sources.

I'll update the README and reupload to avoid further confusion.

Incidentally, what's the preferred name for the program (and associated
directories), robotfindskitten or rfk? I personally like rfk better, due
to brevity, so I was thinking of renaming the NKI dirs to
$PREFIX/share/games/rfk and ~/.rfk/ for consistency. Comments?

 			Alexey