[rfk-dev] licensing

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 19:39:55 -0600

Quoting Nick Moffitt:
> > 	Pedro and I wrote most (the first 201) of them, and I'm fine with
> > a relicense. Who else? Seth? Nick?
>
> 	I am fine with any Free Software license, myself.

It seems to me that it's not a big deal if his Amiga binary is
licensed under the terms of the GPL (because of our "tainting"
messages.h file), because his actual source is under his own license
-- so anyone going to source to modify the executeable will be faced
with the dilemma, and we shouldn't feel the need to relicense the
messages file. Am I wrong about that?

Anyway, I'm fine with any license that the group as a whole deems is
sufficiently free. I don't understand the nature of the licenses
enough to know what is, or what is not, sufficiently free in this
case.

And Peter, just in case you were, don't feel bad that we're talking
about this because of your implementation -- they were questions that
were bound to come up at some point.

pedro

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---