[rfk-dev] Find kitten on old computers lurking in your closet!

Neale Pickett neale@debian.org
22 Aug 2002 09:30:01 -0700

So then, Leonard Richardson <leonardr@gogol.humnet.ucla.edu> is all like:

> 	Also a good idea. I just gzipped the original list of 200 NKIs to
> 4775 bytes, which might be enough to put RFK on an 8k Atari cartridge (not
> that I know anything about Atari programming, but I'm sure you'd have to
> define the character set yourself, so you could pick a four-bit set
> covering " .,'- and the capital letters).

ITYM five-bit.  A four-bit character set would only have 16 characters.
And don't forget about the EON (End-Of-NKI) character.

> NKI: "Somehow, this tiny bee is as large as that elephant!"

NKI: "THIS NKI USES JUST FOUR BITS."

By the by, has anyone ever discussed an Inform port?  Would RFK be the
same as a text adventure?