[rfk-dev] Proposed to-do items

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Oct 26 08:12:24 PDT 2012

Peter A. H. Peterson <pedro at tastytronic.net>:
> Quoting Eric S. Raymond:
> > 1) I am willing to do the work required to make a clean conversion
> > of the CVS repository to git.  Note that performing the conversion
> > will require me to have admin access on our SourceForge site.
>
> What account/email address would you like to use?

I am esr at users.sourceforge.net.

Note that if you enable me for this, you needn't bother merging my
patches into CVS - it will be trivial for me to do that after conversion.

FYI, here's the conversion script I'm using.  It starts with a CVS
checkout directory renamed to rfk.cvs.

#/bin/sh
# Known problems:  Derived files in the doc directory.
set -x
rm -fr rfk.git
cd rfk.cvs
cvs update
git cvsimport -C ../rfk.git -m -u -k -R -A ../CVSAUTHORS robotfindskitten

> > 2) I am willing to write the patch requested in BUGS that will move
> > the NKIs out of the source code and into a resource file.
>
> I'm fine with this -- it has been suggested regularly since almost day
> one. Do people have a preference as to the format of the file? I lean
> towards plain text myself, but I know that some people have suggested
> a fortune file format or something similar.

I think a cookie-jar format would be appropriate if the NKIs were ever
multiline. Since they aren't, I think plain text will work fine here.