[rfk-dev] compiling rfk for 32-bit x86

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Sun Nov 18 20:50:00 PST 2012

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, David Wolever wrote:

> On 2012-11-18, at 17:14, David Griffith <dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone recently looked at why rfk keeps crashing on 32-bit x86?  I'm
>> halfway considering rewriting the thing from scratch.
>
> Is this bug listed somewhere? Or what are the steps to recreate? I've
> got a number of 32 bit x86 machines around and the possibility of some
> free time.

Just clone the repo, run autogen.sh, configure, and make.  Then
src/robotfindskitten.  It then crashes like this:

marvin:~/proj/rfk-git$ src/robotfindskitten
*** glibc detected *** src/robotfindskitten: free(): invalid next size
(fast): 0x0975a8e0 ***
/lib/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(+0x6af71)[0xb766ef71]
[...]

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu