[rfk-dev] Getting this train moving

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Sun Nov 4 08:37:27 PST 2012

Quoting Eric S. Raymond:
> Peter A. H. Peterson <pedro at tastytronic.net>:
> > 0. The success message (YFK!WTGR!) should appear after the animation,
> > not before or concurrent to it.
>
> This would actually be a bit difficult given the current code organization.
> I could explain why in detail, but...how important is this?

I would say it's pretty important -- having both at the same time is
mutually distracting, and the message no longer pops as a
punchline/finale. But I would like others to chime in on this.

Perhaps an acceptable alternative would be to do the animation without
printing the success message in the status window, and then following
the animation print the message on standard out before quitting?

> > 1. Resizing is still a bit wonky. Several examples follow:
>
> I have implemented and pushed much simpler resize behavior.
>
> Objects no longer move during a resize.  Robot can explore any space created.
> Crush termination is invoked if the resize would hide any NKI, robot, or
> kitten.  Articles have been removed from robot and kitten.
>
> I hope this is satisfactory.

I have not playtested this yet, but that sounds great.

Thanks again for all your contributions!

--
Peter A. H. Peterson
Graduate Student Researcher