[rfk-dev] robotfindskitten - web version

Peter A. H. Peterson pedro at tastytronic.net
Tue Mar 24 07:26:54 PDT 2009

Hi Michal,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to contact Leonard
Richardson (leonardr at crummy.com) and subscribe to the rfk-dev list and
explain your idea there. robotfindskitten is not *my* baby -- Leonard
created it. I *am* responsible for the website and in some sense for
generally wrangling the community... but we're a pretty loose
organization.

For the record, there have been some other web versions which used
many of the elements of rfk that you're mentioning, so I don't really
think it will be a permissions problem, providing that appropriate
credit, etc., is given. I guess the difference is in scope; it sounds
like what you're hoping to build is something like a play-online rfk
community website (including nki submission, voting, etc.) as opposed
to the current rfk site, which is mostly a development archive. Is
this correct?

If so, is this a project you want independent control over, or is this
something that you'd be happy to have integrated into the existing
robotfindskitten website? I can imagine that it would be good for the
robotfindskitten community, etc. to have a single, central rfk scene.
That said, I'm not even sure that the rfk crew (including myself)
would want that as part of the official site -- I'm just thinking out
loud.

In any case, thank you for your interest in robotfindskitten... it's
great, isn't it? Let me know what you're thinking as you proceed with
this.

Thanks,

Peter

Quoting Lajcik:

--
Peter A. H. Peterson, technician and musician.
 ---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---