[rfk-dev] bug report

Ryan Finnie ryan at finnie.org
Wed Sep 10 17:18:14 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Peter A. H. Peterson
<pedro at tastytronic.net> wrote:
> Quoting Ryan Finnie:
>> I've seen that in certain cases.  The text is displayed in the same
>> area as the animation, after the animation.  But in some cases I've
>> seen the screen clear immediately after, and before exiting.  Probably
>> something curses-related.
>
> I think it should print in the normal NKI area, wait a few seconds,
> and then quit. I don't think it should clear the screen.

Looks like the last thing to be called is curses' endwin(), which is
required to be the last curses statement, according to the man page.
It handles all the cleanup and whatnot.  It's probably
environment-dependent, much like how I've noticed less(1) will
sometimes clear the screen and sometimes it won't when you exit it.

As far as I can see, we've got a few choices:

1) Don't use curses (haw haw).
2) Sleep a bit after the animation/end text, then call endwin(), which
may or may not clear the screen.
3) End animation, wait off on the text, call endwin(), then
printf("\nYou found kitten! Way to go, robot!\n\n");
4) Do nothing different.

RF