[rfk-dev] an update

Alexey Toptygin alexeyt at freeshell.org
Mon Jun 12 05:23:26 PDT 2006

OK, I'm way overdue for an update. So far I've read most of the Debian
developer's documentation (damn, thare's a lot of it), and I've practiced
packaging with a dummy package. There are, however, the following
problems:

1) the new maintainer process takes an average of >500 days according to
the official statistics

2) the very first step of the new maintainer application wants me to
assert that I've prepared a package for upload before

Also, I'll need an advocate/mentor who is already a Debian maintainer
before I can apply; hopefully Neale can do that.

So, currently, I'm getting rfk autoconfiscated and packaged, and at the
same time trying to get my GPG key signed. When the package is done and
Neale uploads it, and I'll have all the prerequisites for applying for
maintainerdom, and than I wait :-) In the meanwhile, I'll handle package
updates as necessary. Sounds good?

 			Alexey