[rfk-dev] [i@xenotrout.com: Google Maps port of robotfindskitten]

Steve Pomeroy steve at staticfree.info
Mon Apr 3 09:24:58 PDT 2006

I think that both of these implementations are great. They both suffer
from the lack of a proper end-game, though. I think that one should not
be able to look at non-kitten objects after kitten has been found. How else
are missed oppertunities still missed if one can still explore once the
game is over?

Just some musings.

-Steve

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 09:38:27AM -0600, Neale Pickett wrote:
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 08:14 pm, you wrote:
> > On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 Kipling Inscore wrote:
> > > As a fan of robotfindskitten and a hacker with nothing better to do
> > > (besides study for finals), I've ported robotfindskitten to Google Maps.
> > > http://maps.xenotrout.com/robotfindskitten/
> > > I'm also working on a Pork (AIM client, http://dev.ojnk.net/) away-bot
> > > that randomly recites robotfindskitten messages. it's almost done.
> >
> > Whoa, cool. Robot using a mouse to find kitten is rather novel :-)
>
> Whatever!  No it isn't!  I did this fifty years ago at
> http://woozle.org/%7Eneale/toys/robotfindskitten.cgi
>
> How come people are always forgetting about this?!
>
> (Not that the google maps thing isn't cool, although it doesn't show up at all
> in Konqueror ("Can't find variable: GBounds") and my Mozilla doesn't appear
> to do anything but show the picture.)

Steve Pomeroy
http://staticfree.info/