[rfk-dev] spectrum goodness (first release)

Robert Tinsley rjt@thepoacher.net
Sat, 29 Mar 2003 16:35:56 -0800 (PST)

--8323328-931721943-1048984556=:13379

The Sinclair ZX Spectrum range of personal computers were launched in
1982 and were massively successful in their home market (the UK) because
of their low cost and (for the time) reasonable specs (colour graphics!
well, sort of...) There were also a number of foreign clones (most notably
the American Timex/Sinclair 2068.)

In fact, "Sinclair's standing rose so high that in 1983 Margaret Thatcher
personally presented a Spectrum to the Japanese Prime Minister as a
symbol of British technological prowess." [quoting nvg, link to their
site below] It is perhaps best remembered now for its rubber keyboard and
as the home platform for Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy.

But now those legendary games pale in comparison to robotfindskitten.

A first release is available with screenshots, but my personal web-site's
down right now, and I'm not sure whether sending 32KB binaries to the
list is good etiquette here. so give me a shout if you'd like a copy.
I'd  consider it a decent beta -- essentially feature-complete, but not
yet tested on much (virtual) hardware.

More information on the Spectrum (including the many emulators -- I can
recommend  xzx on Linux) is available at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/
and http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/sinclair/

Cheers! (and enjoy the screenshot...)

--
http://www.thepoacher.net/contact

--8323328-931721943-1048984556=:13379
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--8323328-931721943-1048984556=:13379--