[rfk-dev] ports and such

Neale Pickett neale@debian.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 12:54:14 -0800

"Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net> writes:

> Quoting Neale Pickett:
>> I still think that a *true* Zen simulation called "robotfindskitten"
>> should not have a kitten in it.
>
> You're one of those "glass-half-empty" kind of people, aren't you?

http://www.ashidakim.com/zenkoans/1acupoftea.html

      Nan-in, a Japanese master during the Meiji era (1868-1912),
      received a university professor who came to inquire about Zen.

      Nan-in served tea. He poured his visitor's cup full, and then kept
      on pouring.

      The professor watched the overflow until he no longer could
      restrain himself. "It is overfull. No more will go in!"

      "Like this cup," Nan-in said, "you are full of your own opinions
      and speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty
      your cup?"