[rfk-dev] licensing

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:24:36 -0800

begin  Uncle Pedro  quotation:
> Quoting Nick Moffitt:
> > 	We can provide the messages file under a separate license if
> > you like.  MIT X license should do fine, as that is basically an
> > unconditional grant of all relevant permissions with a disclaimer of
> > warranty attached.
>
> Even if he's not compiling it in?

	Then he's fine with whatever license he choses.

	But "public domain" is GPL-compatible.  So he can always
release his code as "public domain", and compile in our .h file.  The
resultant binary would be under the GPL, but anyone who wanted to
could replace that .h file and release the resulting derivative under
whatever terms then desired.