[rfk-dev] Re: GLUT progress, or lack thereof

Peter Gordon pete@shagged.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:35:57 +0000

Hi,

(oops replied to Jeremy first. I'm still not used to this list :)

> So to properly draw text, one must rewrite the text engine,
> and that requires an understanding of OpenGL which I do not possess.
> I tried randomly half-assing my way through it, but unfortunately
> that did not work even slightly.

Hmmm... thats a shame. TBH, i'm no GL expert, all the text routines were from
the NeHe OpenGL tutorials, which basically said "This is how you do text..."
with no mention of portability...

Incidentally, I've just successfully built MiniGL (a fast Amiga-orientated GL
implementation that supports 3D graphics card accelleration) and its examples
using GCC 2.95.3, so I may at some point port rfk3d to the Amiga with that
(although i really want to make a GL based modern version of Stunt Car Racer
at the moment :)

Cheers,
Pete