[rfk-dev] spectrum goodness (first release)

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:45:36 -0800

begin  Peter Gordon  quotation:
> Looks good. I was wondering; in lots of recent versions the finding
> of kitten is accompanied by the appearance of love hearts, but on
> the screenshots of older versions this doesn't appear to be the case
> (correct me if i'm wrong, i've not seen the DOS or POSIX versions
> myself). Does mean that the robots love for kitten (and vice versa)
> is a recent development?

	The DOS version used the IBM extended character set to make a
little heart shape.  The POSIX version couldn't count on the character
set used by the terminal, and thus that was compromised.  I hope I
speak for all of us in the bludgeoning RFK community when I say that I
encourage the inclusion of robot-kitten love indicators in all existing
and future ports.

--

end