[rfk-dev] [jeremypenner@shaw.ca: RFK for Dreamcast - Bootable CD images]

Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:05:47 -0600

Beaujolais! RFK CD Images!

Jeremy,

I will definitely put them up on the site...

Give me a few days though.

You might also want to sign on to the low-traffic rfk-dev list for
more information.

pedro

PS: I'm forwarding this message to the rfk-dev list as we speak.

----- Forwarded message from Jeremy Penner <jeremypenner@shaw.ca> -----

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:27:52 -0600
From: Jeremy Penner <jeremypenner@shaw.ca>
Subject: RFK for Dreamcast - Bootable CD images
To: rfk@robotfindskitten.org

Good day, fellow kitten-finders,
When I decided I wanted to pursue the colourful and interesting
world that is homebrew Dreamcast development, the availability of
zen simulations that could be easily procured for the device
factored heavily in my decision.*  So imagine my delight when I
found that robotfindskitten had a port!  I ran out and bought my
Dreamcast immediately following the discovery.**

However, I soon discovered that finding kitten with this new toy
would not be as easy as I first thought.  I didn't have the foresight
to purchase a "coder's cable" so that I could transfer this file to my
Dreamcast, and it wasn't in any easy-to-burn CD form.

So I put it into easy-to-burn CD form.

You can grab them at http://www.astra.mb.ca/~jeremy/dcrfk-
cd.zip, it contains both the Nero and DiscJuggler images because
they're so small.  If you folks would like to put them up on the
robotfindskitten site, it may just help that many more Dreamcast
owners find kitten.

And wouldn't that just make you feel all warm and gooey inside?

-- Jeremy Penner

---
* Sort of true; rfk was in fact one of the things that brought to my
attention the fact that Dreamcast development would be cool.
** Not at all true.
----
Jeremy Penner - Coder, Artist, Jibba-Jabberin' Fool
jeremypenner@shaw.ca            - The Man
http://www.mp3.com/lal          - The Band
http://bubba.keenspace.com/     - The Comic Strip
http://www.astra.mb.ca/~jeremy/ - The Other Stuff

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by read'n The few
who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric