[rfk-dev] Proposed extensions to HTTP to support remote kitten-finding

Martin Pool mbp@samba.org
Sat, 19 May 2001 23:04:53 +1000

On 19 May 2001, "Peter A. Peterson II" <pedro@tastytronic.net> wrote:
> Quoting Martin Pool:
> >   http://gnukeyring.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/robotfindskitten.cgi
> >
> > Comments very welcome.
>
> BEAUJOLAIS! I assume we can set up the .cgi version at
> robotfindskitten.org and make a release package for it?

Yes, please.  If somebody else could check it through for bugs or
security problems first that would be good -- it was just dashed off
fairly quickly on Friday.

I am quite please with rfk.cgi holding all the game state in the query
parameters, rather than server-side state or cookies.  This makes it
much easier to set up on a web server, and also gives us built-in
scalability across clusters.  If you look at the page title for the
installation on SourceForge, you can see that processing is shared
between about five VA web servers.

There's something ineffably beautiful about the rfk milieu.  I'm very
happy to have helped.

Shiraz!
Martin