[rfk-dev] [jm@netnoteinc.com: Re: [ILUG] Re: S/Key ?]

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:35:04 -0800

Even the irish know about its kitteny goodness!

----- Forwarded message from Justin Mason <jm@netnoteinc.com> -----

Rick Moen said:

> > Hmm, no avantgo plugin, that I can see.
>
> To each his own, I suppose, but AvantGo is yet more proprietary,
> binary-only stuff that I can well live without.   David A. Desrosier's Plucker
> (http://plucker.gnu-designs.com/, http://sourceforge.net/projects/plucker/,
> http://linuxmafia.com/pub/palmos/) strikes me as more suitable and
> flexible -- and is under the GNU GPL.

And don't forget Sitescooper, http://sitescooper.org/ , written by yours
truly.  It does a *much* better job of parcelling web content for offline
reading than AvantSlow, renders output for a wide variety of HTML, text or
DOC readers (which are typically a lot smaller in RAM terms than AG), and
it's GPLed too.

BTW I see you've got robotfindskitten, cool!

--j.

--
Irish Linux Users' Group: ilug@linux.ie