[rfk-dev] very serious server problems

Mon, 16 Jul 2001 03:17:31 -0500

Hello all,

You probably noticed that flynn has been down almost all weekend. I
shall try to explain to everyone in more detail, and while I expect any
mail you sent to by flushed by my mx tomorrow, I'd appreciate it if
you'd not use the ufo list in particular until I iron out what exactly
has been going on.

The short story is that I shutdown flynn and unplugged it in order to
test the circuits in my apartment in preparation for the lan party, and
flynn never came back up in a working order. It's appearing that *both*
Pentium Pro 200/512k chips have been seriously damaged. I don't know if
the motherboard is functional or not.

I'll post again when I think things are ok -- regardless, please feel
free to email me at this address, or at my work address,
ppeterson@northpark.edu.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Yours,
pedro

PS: Does anyone have any pentium pro chips laying around? They don't
need to be 200/512k for me to test my motherboard, but I dont' know
what's going to happen to them when I plug them in, so...

Peter A. Peterson II, CEO Users of Free Operating Systems, Chicago USA
http://ufo.chicago.il.us -- Free Software Rules -- Proprietary Drools!