[rfk-dev] Downtime for Tastytronic Industries

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:22:40 -0500

Hello.

As you may or may not know, these mailing lists and some accompanying
web pages are hosted on the Tastytronic Industries webserver.

Today, August 26th, the Tastytronic Industries webserver (and
accompanying network) will be down for a disk upgrade. Normal service
should resume by Monday the 27th.

In future news, the status of Tastytronic Industries' network
connection is somewhat up in the air. Our current "last mile
provider," rhythms, is bankrupt and will cease operations some time
between the 5th and 10th of September. Our ISP is going to switch us
over to Ameritech (joy), but there may be a lapse of service while
this is being taken care of. If this lapse appers to be significant
(more than a day or two), I will move flynn to a new connection. This
would, however, necessitate much configuration and I would personally
rather suffer a few days downtime.

But the immediate notice is that we will be down for a little while
later today.

Peace,

Pedro

         FREE DMITRY SKLYAROV -- http://www.freesklyarov.org/
         In prison for exercising his right to "fair use."